Packing light may seem like a dreadful thing to do, especially if you’re the kind of person who always likes to be prepared for everything. For starters, traveling light does not literally mean that your luggage has to be ultra-light. You just have to be innovative and know which are the most important things that you should bring. Because admit it, we all want to avoid those extra stress and extra charges in the airport, right? That is why in this article, we are here to give you some tips to make your packing system easy and save some space in your suitcase.
Why Do You Need a Light Luggage?
For starters, having a light suitcase will save you a lot of money on baggage fees. If you can travel light, you can also save time by only bringing carry-on only luggage, and this means that you would not waste time waiting at the baggage carousel. You can say bye-bye to expensive plastic wraps, and airport trolley feels.
Aside from that, you will also have less packing and unpacking time both at home and on your arrival. You can also spare yourself the hassle of dragging loads of bags out of the car and up to your room.
How To Travel Light?
- Bring a small suitcase or bag because having a small suitcase can help you think twice about bringing any unnecessary things.
- It helps if you check your bag’s weight before you go to the airport to make sure that you stay within the allotted baggage weight. This move will help you avoid any extra baggage costs.
- Make a list of the things that you need to bring. This move will help you avoid filing any extra space in your luggage with something you do not need. You can save that extra space in your luggage for the things that you will take home during your travels.
- Do not bring several pairs of shoes because they are heavy and bulky. Remember to bring your most comfortable pair of shoes and one smart pair.
- Bring lightweight and compact clothes. Remember that jeans can be very bulky, that is why we suggest that you pack one pair and wear one on your flight. This way, you can have two pairs of jeans with you. Make sure to bring a set of clothes that you can mix and match to cut down on the number of clothes you will take along. Be smart and bring clothes that are suitable for different occasions.
- We know that it’s quite tempting to bring enough makeup to match your every outfit, but if you want to pack light, we suggest that you stick to the cosmetics that will suit most of the clothes that you will bring. When it comes to your toiletries, it helps if you transfer them in small containers so that you would not bring any large and bulky bottles with you.
- Bring a small bag with you to put all of your essentials such as your phone, wallet, and passport as you’re traveling and sightseeing.
- Bringing a compact travel first aid kit where you can put all of your needed medications. You can just buy any extra medicines and treatment at your destination.
- Keep in mind that laundry detergents are a waste of space. The best thing that you can do is find a laundromat at your destination.
- Do not bring a towel with you because if you’re staying at a hotel, chances are they will always supply you with a clean towel.